After all, Thanksgiving Day just passed and many of you "had" to make sandwiches to deal with the leftovers.
So here is The Gourmet-O-Matic way to approach the 6-layer sandwich - a year round good eatin':
1. Bread/topper - white, wheat, whole grain, baguette, French, pumpernickel, waffle, pancake, tortilla, more. Toasted, grilled or not.Eat. Enjoy.
2. Sauce - mayo with or without spices or chiles or tabasco or herbs; mustard with or without honey or herbs; dijon mustard, stone ground mustard, spicy mustard, more.
3. Veggies - pickled carrots or cabbage (add vinegar and sweetener, let sit) with or without daikon radish, watercress, sprouts (bean, radish, alfalfa, more), lettuce.
4. Protein - turkey, chicken, beef, pork, seitan, tempeh, tofu (hot or cold).
5. Herbs - basil, mint, cilantro, more.
6. Bread/bottomer - See 1 above. Mix or match.